Moving to purto rico

ok me my husband decided to move to pr my son is going on 7 mounth s but we leveing in june what should i do abought mosquitoes and the air plan is he to young to be on it and im just wondering since he is vary light skin how can i protect his skin well

jack90

Asked by jack90 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ok, I'm trying to understand your post... 7 mos is not too young to go on an airplane and buy sunscreen
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Protect his skin with sunscreen and Off bugspray. 7 months is not too young to be on a plane.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You need to talk to your pediatrician about bug spray - there is a lot of controversy about what is safe or not (deet vs non deet, concentration of deet, etc.) and what actually works. Keeping him out of the sun as much as possible would be much better than using sunscreen and leaving him in it all day thinking it's going to protect his skin.

Answer by missanc at 7:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Don't use bug spary unless you talk to a doctor first. But, 7 months is not too young to be on an airplane or use sunscreen.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• for landing andd take offs, make sure he has something to suck on because it will help with the air pressure changes and will help his ears pop. if you can afford it, buy baby a set so you can put him in the car seat on the plane. its a lot easier than having a lapbaby for a long flight.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• my sons skin is very sensitive and hes allergic to sunscreen, so our ped recommended mixing together desitin and baby lotion and it makes a sunscreen. you have to apply it often though. my son has been on a plane 6 times now and hes only 2.
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 9:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• ok i thanks everyone were do they sell the ear pugs for there ears
    jack90

Comment by jack90 (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Ear plugs isn't going to help his ears from the "popping" that has to do with the altitude change. Drinking/swallowing often may help since he can't chew gum.
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2011