Need Help~!

Im 19 , married and in college. well when i first got preg i had to withdraw from school because my morning sickness was so bad, so my school called today and said i can start again july 13th but by then ill be 6 months and have to leave again when i have the baby so i was thinkin it would be easyer to just go back after the baby is born, if i go back in july i have to start a new class and if i leave i gotta start all of again so if i wait i can just do it all at once and my school is at night and my hubby works during the day so it would work out great for watchin the baby What should i do???? My dad is trying to make me go back in july.. i really need advice on this one. cause i wanna do whats right for me but i dont wanna upset my dad

ambie1992

Asked by ambie1992 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It seems like you know whats right for you, Yes he is your dad, but YOU are the one living your life, you need to do what you think is best for you.
    MetalBtch

Answer by MetalBtch at 7:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• id wait until after the baby was born!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I think you pretty much have your answer. You can try to go back in july, but it probably will be pretty counterproductive. Try to reason with your father and explain why you are making your decision. If he is still very upset, give him time to come around.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 7:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Summer classes are usually short term classes. I found it easier to attend school pregnant. After the baby is born it's not as easy imho. Good luck on getting him to watch the baby. A lot of guys will say they will but after a couple of times he'll tell you to quit and take care of the child yourself. If he works all day he won't want to babysit at night. I hope I'm wrong but normally am not.
    Anonymous

• take the classes online and transfer your credits when you are ready to go back to school. When you have your baby it will be hard to be away from him or her. I found out the hard way. I couldn't do much until my baby was at least 3 months old then I wasn't as tired as I was when I first had him. I started slow with the online classes when he took naps and I went back full time when he was year old and I found a great babysitter/daycare. good luck.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 7:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You have your own life now. You can take your Dad's advice or leave it. It's just advice. It sounds like you know what to do already, but you're afraid of upsetting your Dad. He should be helping you during this sensitive and special time in your life. He is about to become a Grandfather... He might be upset initially if you don't go back to school in July, but I bet he'll change his tune once he meets his grandchild..... And if he doesn't, you don't need that kind of stress in your life right now anyway... Enjoy being pregnant, enjoy being a new Mom and invite the people in your life to enjoy this time with you.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• you need to do whats right for you, ur married and gonna be having a baby. Do what makes you happy. my dad was the same way, good luck mama!!
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Do an on-line class or two now and go back to school after the baby is born. It wouldnt make much sence to start classes, have to drop them to have the baby, then start them from the begining again afterwards.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• im currently in a slightly similar situation..im not in school already tho..i was going to go for this past semester but the schedule that i would have had was going to collide with my hubby's schedule, and we have a 2 yr old (not old enough for the day care at the school, and no possible babysitter)so i decided i was going to go next semester in august, but in the mean time i got pregnant the end of january, and im due mid-October..so to start school in august and then have to leave in october for the baby and then start again, just seemed to be more complicated than necessary..so im waiting until January to start again, that way i can just do it all at once..i just need a certificate, so it seemed better to just do it all at once...hope this relation helps you make a decision..GL!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2011