For pro pot moms only

if you were a pro pot mom and your 6th grader came to you and said she was offered some and she wanted to try it would you let her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• hell effing no
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I am pro pot for medical reasons. Hell no.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i would not let my child try pot if it was the last thing on earth i have seen it ruin lives
    allycat_joanne

Answer by allycat_joanne at 7:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No way, way too young.

Answer by older at 7:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Are you serious? I'm "pro-pot" for medicinal reasons only. I don't care for dumb, lazy pot heads....

No...6ths graders should not be smoking with their mother, that is effing ridiculous...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No. I don't think that the pot itself is damaging, but the fact that she is 11 or 12 and asking to smoke pot would make me wonder who she was hanging out with and why she wanted to. I would definitely not allow it. I think my mom kind of suspected that we all did when we were in high school, but even as adults, she never condoned it, never bought it for us, never let us try it, etc. As in, we didn't have her support.

I don't think that I would ever support my kids wanting to try it, even when they are ADULTS. It would be something I might know about, but wouldn't be talking about like it was a great decision.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• This is a really dumb question...
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• "pro pot" or not - to let your 6th grader try pot is a huge parenting fail. not to mention contributing to the deliquency of a minor.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Would you let your child smoke cigarettes. It has nothing to do with pro or no, it is illegal and if you allow it or know about it youa re contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Teach your kid to follow the law whether she agrees or not.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No way. I would explain why drugs are bad and you shouldn't do them, but if I were pro pot I would prolly talk about how there is a time and a place for everything and now is not the time to experiment with drugs. I'm proud of you for standing up to peer pressure and making a good choice.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2011