Licking ??

My daughter is going to be two in June (yay ) and lately she has been licking things. Everything LoL Does anyone else have this problem, or know why she does this ? If you hold her, she will lick your shirt. A lot. It's kind of weird LoL Any ideas ?

Mrs.Harris138

Asked by Mrs.Harris138 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Okay, my S/O still does this... though technically a closet licker, I have caught him here and there. Usually it's something that has peaked his curiosity, a new dish I have cooked, something with a certain smell to it, Playdough, it does not matter. It all starts the same- he sniffs it, his eyes dart left and right to see if anyone is looking, then he licks it. He can't tell me why he still does it, only that he was curious. I do believe that in some other life, he was a cat and it was his curiosity that got the better of him. In the doctors office, he has to look through all the drawers and cabinets before he can settle down and just wait with me for the doctor to come in. Thank god he doesn't try to lick anything in there
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 8:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I think the licking phase is cute. My son went through that. On the up side, he's almost 7 & I don't think he licks people anymore. Although, he could be a closet licker.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 7:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My son does the same thing! i think it is a phase.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My 4 1/2 year old still does that...but not as much. She's starting to grow out of it. She's the only one of my kids that went into that phase...annoying LOL.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My 13mo son is a licker. He licked my ankle andleg today. He licks the cat. He's licked stair rails, windows, mirrors...
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My daughter does this whenever she pretends to be a puppy!
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 9:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Well I am very glad to know she isn't the only one LoL Love the 'closet licker' remark :o)
    Mrs.Harris138

Comment by Mrs.Harris138 (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My 4 and 7 year olds do this. They use the excuse that they're giving puppy dog kisses.......UGH! It's a phase.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• @Pinwheel, that is super funny. My husband does that @ Dr's offices too, but he does it because he is nosy and immature LoL
    Mrs.Harris138

Comment by Mrs.Harris138 (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My 2YO granddaughter loves to pretend she's a puppy, with lots of panting and licking! Hopefully this, too, shall pass!
    kmhmom999

Answer by kmhmom999 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011