Got my period last month while breastfeeding but not this month?

Like the questions states. Has anyone had this happen to them? I'm sure i am not pregnant as we use protection.

lovemylife88

Asked by lovemylife88 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Health

• If you have your reproductive organs and have had sex, protection or not, then YES you can be pregnant. But also could be from breastfeeding, take a test.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Breastfed both my babies, and when mine returned, it returned for good. So I didn't experience that. Is your baby eating more than before?
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Sure it's happened to me. It's very normal for periods to be random while you're still breast feeding.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 8:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Protection isn't 100% fail proof birth control. Breast feeding isn't 100% fail proof birth control either. Test to make sure? Or maybe talk to your doctor? Or is there an on call nurse you can speak with over the phone at your doctor's office? Every woman's body is different. As someone stated, it was normal for their periods to be random while breast feeding. I myself breast fed for 17 months. My period came back 6 months after my daughter was born. Once it came back, it was regular every month.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• This is very normal, it will take a while for your cycle to regulate. I had my youngest March 7 last year, first period in Jan., next 60+ days later, now I'm on cycle day 20-something. The first two were anovulatory for me, although I think I ovulated this cycle.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Well first off protection or not if you are having sex there IS a chance you could be pregnant. That being said my cycles were all over the place when first coming back while nursing. I had a period and then 38 days later another and then 43 days later another and then 26 days later and you get the picture. Took about 8 months to level off and I am consistently 30-32 days now (which is different then before baby of 29-31). It was also different for each child too. I nursed my first for 18 months and my second for 35 months.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Thanks! :)
    lovemylife88

Comment by lovemylife88 (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2011