Are you good at taking ADVICE FROM family; or do you get defensive

I use to get very defensive and as I have gotten Older . Im more open to advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Depends on if I asked for it in the first place, how it was delivered, and if I like the person or not (chances are, if I don't like the person and they tried to give me advice, I'd tell 'em to go shove it).
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It depends on who is giving the advice.....my crack head Auntie....yeah I'm going to be defensive as hell....my mother...I'm totally open to advice
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I take it in... I dont always agree or follow... but sometimes I do.
    Anonymous

• It really does depend on how it's delivered...advice and critisicm are two different things...sometimes advice can seem critical if unsolicited.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It honestly depends upon which family member is giving the advice and how strongly I agree or disagree with the point of view.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It depends on if I ask it. But there is 2 no goes with me, don't give me advice on my money and bills, mil tried to work out my df and my budget once, and unless I ask a question on parenting I don't want or need it.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• umm negative. My family is a bunch of crack pots. My section of family aka my husband & parents are the only ones who arent alkies or druggies. I will take advice from them but anyone else can suck it lol
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I am defensive, my family hasn't bee around for many years and out of his family only one has ever met my 2 year-old.. they can't judge if they aren't here and don't know all the facts!
    Anonymous

• Depends on the tone used when giving it and whether it has been said over and over again and I have politely explained in the past why I do what I do and that I am not going to change. My SIL badgered me about weaning my son starting at 5 months old and finally at 15 months I snapped. Up until then I had been polite and/or ignored her.
    Anonymous

• it just depends on the situation, sometimes my family can give me good advise because they have been there and done that, i don't really like when people who don't have kids and don't know what there talking about to give me advise, then i might get a little defensive
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2011