What to do about bullying?

my 2 boys ages 6 and 8 get bullied on the bus. it has gotten to the point where my 8yr took off and walked to a friend's house just to avoid this bully. (the teachers seen him leave school knowing he was suppose to ride the bus unless told otherwise with a note and phone call, but thats a whole nother issue) when my 6 yr old came home on the bus and my 8 yr no where to be found i was freaking out. called the bus barn and the school and they admitted they seen him walk with this other kid while my 6 yr got on the bus. the cops found him hour n half later, when he said the reason is because this kid keeps beatin on him on the bus. i have contacted the school and bus barn several times about this kid beatin on my boys. been a few times when my boys had show n tell that this kid had beaten them up and taken their toy(s). i dont know what to do anymore when the school officaials act like its no big deal. i have an idea of who this boy is, my boys dont know his last name, but im thinking its my friend's grandson who lives on the street/block that my boys say this bully lives and same first name...and the way my boys describe how this kid looks. this grandkid has a history of violent behavior which is why the grandma has custody and not his mom. i hope to find out for sure who this bully is tommorrow if the school wont tell me ill be gettin on the bus when my boys get home and have them point him out. i told my boys the next time this boy hits, scrathes, bites, pulls hair to punch him in the throat since my previous advice to them of sccreaming like hell isnt working. please understand im against fighting at all costs but at this point i feel my boys need to do somethin to defend themselves..... my 6 year old has came home with bloody scratches on his face and neck. and my 8yr with red marks which turned to bruises later on, on his arms and chest. i dont understand how the bus driver is not seein this since my boys sit in the second seat back from the front, passenger side. the school n bus barn keep saying evrything is fine.
so any advice on what to do next being it seems the school wont do anything about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I got on the bus w/my son once. and It was on like donkey kong!!!! I told them if the bus driver (infront of ) wouldnt stop it I WOULD, and if their parents felt froggie to come on and jump!!!! ( but they were picking on a grl and my son at 5 yrs old. telling them the HAD TO DO THIS AND HAD TO HOLD THAT. NOPE... unless you are their mother or father... keep ya mouth OFF MY CHILDREN!!!!!

YOU could also call the cops and ask for them to be present when the bus arrives, to show you mean business. and the Bus barn should be issuing " kicked off the bus" tickets to this child / parents. oh wait.. that would mean the bus driver would have to be paying attention to the rowdyness. Good luck momma
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 8:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• 1) Get pictures of every bite, bruise scratch and bald spot.
    2) Don't confront the grandmother.
    3) Set up a meeting with the superintendent since the school is doing nothing.
    4) Consider taking this to your local news station(s) if you continue to get blown off by the school.
    5) Consider taking your pictures to the cops and pressing assault charges against this boy.
    6) Consider driving/walking them to school daily so they don't have to deal with this Bus Bully.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Take Pictures, Go into the school and DEMAND to see the principal. Tell her you are not leaving the office until something is done, My son had a bully earlier this year, and it was a girl she stabbed him in the chin with a pencil. I was irate by time i showed up at the school. She got suspended & kicked off the bus, It happened again and my son stomped her into the ground. (before anyone jumps me, She has severe anger issues and lashes out at lots of kids). I think if your kids do stand up for themselves it will do alot of good. This lil girl wont even walk near my kid anymore.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Also, You can press charges against the little kid. Not sure if you want to go that route but it can be done.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• side note both of my boys are developmentally delayed, both have speech problems. they are the type that will give anyone a hug even ppl they just met. they are very polite and quiet....they are the yes maam, yes sir types.. they never cause trouble and they try to be nice to everyone and when at the public park they usually end up making friends with every kid there regardless of the kids age
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would be informing the school that they are going to ask your children to point out the boy who has been harassing them, then they are going to be setting up a meeting with you and that child's parent/guardian, and if your demands are not met, they can expect to be included in the lawsuit you will file against the child/family once they have identified him to you, as can the bus barn because there is no possible way they were not aware of what was going on. Take pictures of the marks he puts on your kids as evidence. They aren't beating themselves up and no one could not be aware of that kind of violence going on RIGHT BEHIND THEM! This is not acceptable and you have to make it %100 clear to this kid AND the school that you will not stand for it.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 8:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Oh, and it's VERY easy for the bus driver to see nothing. I was in 7th grade and had around 10 kids follow me off the bus, some of them high school students, surround me at the bus stop and follow me home. I actually had to call the cops to get them out of my house and off my property before they'd leave me alone. All because I wouldn't fight a girl in school. The bus driver claimed that she saw nothing and that it was just a "normal" offloading at that bus stop.

What a crock of sh*t. They don't see because they don't want to see.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i had considered picking up the boys from school since this only happens on the ride home but that would only solve the problem for the rest of the school year since my 3 yr old will start preschool in the fall and she will be on another bus going to a different school. we live 5 miles from either school and both get out at the same time, so if i continued to pick them up from school in the fall i would need to have someone at the house when my 3yr olds bus dropped her off. also considering pulling my boys from this school and sticking them into the school my dd will be going to. i have had non stop problems with this school. and i also know that if i dont do something about it this kid will continue to bully the other students on the bus. my nieghbor decided to pull her daughter off the bus cause while she was riding this boy picked on her. this girls mom made complaints as well and nothing was done.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• annon..this bulling is happening ON THE BUS. my boys are the only ones that get off at this stop aand they are dropped off right in front of my house, and im outside in my driveway when they get off the bus. and if the driver cannot see the seat that is almost next to her then she has serious issues and shouldnt be driving in the first place. i used to ride the bus when i was a kid and i sat in the back and as soon as i pulled out my portable casset player my driver knew immidiatly, pulled over and confiscated my tape player. having been through that, i know that the bus driver should be able to see whats going on in every seat, or at least be able to hear when my boys scream, and my 8 yr has a scream that can break glass....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would first address it with the admins of the school, the transportation office for the bus, and then the actual district. In the mean time I would be driving my child or have a trusted friend drive him. Then if it can't be resolved....I would go to the local law enforcement center to report abuse, assault, and child endangerment. Also contacting the local media to do a story on bullying and what it looks like. Plus, I have more than enough means to hire a lawyer - which I would. But I would sue each person separately so the school district will not cover the bus driver, principal, vice principal, ect...and sue the students. The amount would cover private school tuition and for a private driver. And therapy plus court and legal fees. I do not fuck around when it comes to the safety of my child. I give fair warning. I would ask if they want to do this the easy way or tge hard way.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2011