My 7 year old daughter is asking questions about sex is this normal? adult content

she is asking specific questions like do you and dad have sex? and questions like that is this normal? isnt she too young?

chrissysmom72

Asked by chrissysmom72 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• shes 6 and its something she learned at school.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 8:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Unfortunately she probably picked it up at school.
    Anonymous

• norm
    Anonymous

• No i dont think its too early. School children are bound to pick things up from tv, classmates and adults conversations etc... Just try to have an age appropriate convo with her.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 8:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• She probally heard it from other kids she plays with. My 8 dd asked me what sex is and I asked her where did she her about that. come to find out she learned it from her friends in the neigborhood. The girls are 5 and 7 and they mother was letting hang out with teens.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't think she would know what that is at that age....although kids learn pretty young now adays. But I hope not my dd will be 7 next year and she is already asking how this baby got in my tummy I am not ready to answer sex questions too lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• my kids came home with sex references that they learned on the bus! i feel they are too small for the talk so i told them we would talk about it when they were a little older and that what they hear (slang words) were inappropriate. ive been driving them to school since!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I agree that it is something she must have learned at school from someone who knows way too much
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• my dd told me she knew why me and my dh got married and i say because we love each other and she said no to have sex i almost died i asked her what is sex and she said she didnt know so i told her when you find out let me know lol
    whitenena

• My 8 year old niece comes over with questions all the time, for a while there they were all about sex. She'd ask a question and I'd explain it all out, trying to inform her and get her to understand rather than having her go on schoolyard gossip. She'd usually get grossed out , go ew! and leave ... only to return five minutes later with another. Go ask your mom doesn't work on her, apparently auntie Pat is way cooler
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 9:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011