Hernia!!!!

I just got back from the doctor ever since my last c section which was my 3rd 10 months ago I have had a poch kinda up high, it makes me look like im maybe 4 months prego I hated it but accepted it because I just figured it was extra weight. So today I went they said that whole pooch is a big hernia and I will have to have it removed I am scared and in tears have any of you had this???? How was surgery and the scar where did they go through????

anfisasmommy

Asked by anfisasmommy at 8:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Health

• I had a hiatal hernia repair when I had my lapband surgery. It was done laproscopically. I have one inch and half long scar halfway between my belly bottom and my chest and four smaller scars in other abdominal areas. The surgery was about four hours long and the post op was a little intense, in that it was hard to swallow, liquid diet for a few weeks, and a lot of pain moving for a couple days up and down.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• mine is an umbilical one I am hoping for a little scar! Thank you though Im glad it was alright for you :)
    anfisasmommy

Comment by anfisasmommy (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• DH just had surgery for a very large upper abdomin hernia. Within 3 days he was up and walking around. He has to wear a girddle for a couple of weeks though. Its pretty painful for the first day or two after surgery. They went in lyproscopicly and made 5 small insicions in his stomach.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2011