Feeding solids

I am starting to feed my son solids and was just wondering, do you feed your baby solids before he drinks a bottle or after he drinks a bottle. I feed mine before he drinks a bottle. I think he would be thirsty after he eats, so I feed him after.

urbuttacup88

Asked by urbuttacup88 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Solids after. It's more important for them to drink the formula than for them to eat solids - you don't want them filling up and then not having enough room for the formula.

Answer by missanc at 9:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Until the baby is a year old, you should ALWAYS do the bottle (or breast) BEFORE any solids. You could offer an ounce or two of water in a sippy WITH the solids if you're concerned about thirst.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You are supposed to feed solids AFTER nursing r giving a bottle as the solids are NOT supposed to replace breastmilk of formula accodring to everything I have read.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i would feed my daughter her food then breast feed her bc i figured the same thing that she would b thirsty lol but she did just fine!!!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• my son was ff and he had a bottle before and then some water after if he was thirsty
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 9:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Feed the solids, then give the bottle.
    genevieve55

Answer by genevieve55 at 3:05 AM on May. 1, 2011