Bouncy thingamagig

I don't know what quite to call it. Anyways I have this bouncer that you can sit the baby in so that they can jump. I have noticed today that dd likes to get in people arms and jump. Wondering if she is to young for me to put her in it now? She will be 5 months Saturday. And she can sit up (if that helps)

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Absolutely a jolly jumper!! I had a simalar question from a mom, who's arms were about to give out too, on my website! Look in the website archive its under "Is all this bouncing normal?" there are a bunch of great tips that would be great for your baby too! Http://askananny.com
    Stef
    AskANanny

Answer by AskANanny at 12:39 AM on May. 3, 2011

• She should be big enough. If she's a little too short put a pillow under her feet. Wrap a blanket around her body so she fits better in the seat area. I always called mine a Jumperoo. Get ready for some amazing jumping feats around months 10-12:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The Jonny Jumpup? My kid loved it at that age.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My kids loved those things!! You mean the thing you hang in a doorway, right? I think they say baby has to be able to hold their head up really well and sit. Maybe from 6 months, but if you feel your baby is ready, it wouldn't hurt to get her one and put her in it at least for a few minutes at a time, just to give her that exercise and fun. Maybe wait until she's a little older to leave her in it for longer periods of time, though.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• A JOhnny Jumpup...m,y boys loved them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• They also have a Jenny Jump Up ..same thing by the same company ...just pink for girls...LOL!
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 8:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i put my daughter in her jumper when she was about 5 months and she loved it i only bought it when i did bc she ddnt like her swing and i wanted something to occupy her for a few min so i could clean around the house
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I think my son was around 6 months when we put him in a jump a roo.
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 9:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Other than my oldest (we didn't have doorways in the house we lived in til she was 6 months old), all of ours started going in it around 3 months. We used the Johnny-jump-up that hangs in the doorway.
    Anonymous

• bouncingJumperoo or Johnny Jump up is what I call it I started putting my youngest in his about 6 months..he loves it...now I know why they call baby boys "bouncing bundles of joy" LOL

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2011