How could I eat whatever I wanted before pregnancy and not gain and now that i am pregnant I can't?

I could eat whatever i wanted and not gain. Now that i am pregnant (20 weeks) I still am eating whatever i want but I have gained 15 pounds. I know i am suppose to gain but all I have done is gain in my butt & legs. Why do I not do that not pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your metabolism changes 100%!!!
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Everything in your body slows down. Not only that but the weight of the baby, uterus and amniotic fluid adds to what you gain.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Pregnancy changes your metabolism and the rules that worked before just don't apply any more. I had gestational diabetes and had a really hard time keeping my weight under control during all my pregnancies. I've had six kids and gained 50lbs with some of them! Thankfully I was able to shed the weight afterwards, but it's a lot easier to get back in shape if you've managed to keep the gain to a minimum! Gestational Diabetes means your body doesn't metabolise sugar properly and the pounds just pack on there with every carbohydrate and sweet treat you eat.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2011