Hi I'm new to this and I have been TTC for a year now. I had a period about 2 weeks ago and yesterday I began to have light bleeding, not spotting, but just light bleeding. My period isn't due for another 2 weeks and this isn't as heavy as my normal period. Is there a possibility that I am pregnant?

Had period April 6th began lightly bleeding April 26th.

Typatterson

Asked by Typatterson at 8:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• it could be implantation bleeding, You should probably be able to test around May 1st. Good luck
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• If you started your period, have 28 day cycles and ovulate right in the middle like the majority of women, you'd have ovulated around the 20th. So, it coule be implantation bleeding, it could be that you just ovulated (some women spot occasionally when they ovulate), there could be a few other possibilities. You should be able to test around May 6, give or take a couple days, because that's approximately when you'd be due for your next period. So, wait about a week, and if there's not sign of your period, go ahead and test.
    Anonymous

• It wasn't spotting, just light bleeding to the point where I had to use a pad. It lasted for 3 days and there wasn't really a flow. Just blood coming out occasionally. It was a bright red.
    Typatterson

Comment by Typatterson (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2011