Ever been told it was a girl and it turned out to be a boy?

How do they make this mistake? I thought if it was a boy, there would be something sticking up?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With both my children the said girls, and both times they were right!! :-)
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i was told during my second pregnancy that it was a boy, and a later U/S confirmed it was a girl. i went for about 3-4 months thinking i was having a boy. and either way, if you get one too early the results may not be accurate. it is hard to see either type of genitals if its too early.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• When I was pregnant I had an ultrasound done and they told me it was a boy. Lucky I didn't buy boys things! When I was on the delivery bed the nurse said to me it's going to be a girl Do you have a name picked out? I told her no but I have one in mind. She said You're going to have a girl And boy she was right I had a girl.....
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 9:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• my sister was told that my niece was going to be a boy..she bought all boy stuff and was ready to have a boy, and when she came out, she was not a he..lol..they told me i was having a girl and i did...
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• There is someone on here who was told she was having a boy...and ended up having 2 girls instead!!
    Anonymous

• Nope, the opposite - I was told boy and had a girl. And I read the "birthstory" or whatever here on cafemom about the mom who was told she was having 1 baby of one sex, then had twins of the opposite sex - how that happened, I'd like to know!
    Anonymous

• i was suppose to be a boy and hey what do you know im a girl. :) lol its funny when i think about it but i know it was not funny for my mother really because she had a boy name and clothes and everything Doctors make mistakes all the time its crazy... :)
    MyMarcusJR.

Answer by MyMarcusJR. at 9:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Ultra sounds are not completely accurate.

A friend of my thought she was having a Sophie and did the whole nursey in ballet bears. He was a boy...her mom had to run out and buy him clothes to come home in.

THEN the day after he came home they had to EXCHANGE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I was told that my baby was a girl. due to high risk, I had ultrasounds every week, and every week I was reassured that "she' s still a girl" by the us tech. Then 4 days before my water broke, I went in for my weekly us and the tech seemed to get really nervous so I got worried and finally asked if something was wrong. Nothing was wrong except I was having a Boy! My Mariah Nichole became my Ryan Nicholas!
    jspencer1014

Answer by jspencer1014 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• nope with my first they said girl and it was and this time i am pregnant with a boy and i saw his liitle winkie and i had two ultrasounds to confirm
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011