Can she get sick???

I have a 28 month old girl who is been potty train. She has master to go and tingle at the potty, but doesn't quite get #2 on the potty. Today as I when to the livinroon to check on her (because she was too quite) I noticed she did #2 on her self and was playing with a big piece of her feces. I don't know if out of curiosity she put some in her mouth and ingested her feces, but I want to know if so can she get sick? What symtoms should I be looking for? Should I take her to the doctors?
Thank You all so much...

GodPRKitty

Asked by GodPRKitty at 8:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can always call your pedi after hours line and ask them, I think she would be okay. But it never hurts to ask if you are unsure.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I doubt she would have actually swallowed much, as it stinks and is nasty. I only had one child ever handle his poo, and he didn't get sick, but I'm not sure if he put any in his mouth. I would not rush her off to the doctor or anything, but just watch her for symptoms. If she vomits or runs a fever, then get her to the ER and tell them what happened. She's certainly not the first kid to do that!!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My kid ate a nice handful of bird crap and lived........
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I doubt she ate it. If she did and she starts acting like she has some kind of food borne illness then call the pediatrician.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 9:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• my daughter tasted her poo and puppy poo and lived,although i must admit i about died lol
    mum2flowers

Answer by mum2flowers at 11:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011