TOFU DIPS AND SPEADS?

I have a vegetarian coming to a christmas party I am throwing and although I don't eat meat, I have never tried tofu before, not even really sure how to make things with it. well I am making a variety of dips and speads (for crackers and breads) and would like to make one with tofu in it instead of dairy products. So I was wondering if anyone had any recipes or ideas on how to go about this. I really wanna make a good one, she is my SO boss so really wanna impress ya know... thanks in advance!

mamabear8869

Asked by mamabear8869 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Food & Drink

• You could always use hummus instead -- it would be a little easier than not working with tofu before. I am vegetarian and I LOVE hummus. However, if you want to make an EASY tofu spread, use a really soft tofu and mix with pineapple (finely chopped/cubed) and some cracked black pepper!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008