I can only eat certain things...

When I was pregnant with my son, I was never sick and was able to eat whatever I wanted. I am almost 8 weeks pregnant and just about everything turns my stomach. I can not even stand the smell of coffee anymore and I used to love my coffee in the morning. Is it bad that eat things that catch my eye and don't make me sick even if it's "not good" for me? There are very few things I can eat right now...

SDA722

Asked by SDA722 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• At one point all I could eat were candy canes. They kept my upset tummy calm.
    Anonymous

• If you get too sick eating things you're not dying for I say eat whatever you want/can until your stomach adjust better. Just keep trying to get those healthy things in even if it sounds like it's going to make you puke ... i know that's hard but it's important to at least try your best. I hope you feel better soon. With my middle pregnancy I threw up throughout the whole thing and my baby was and is tiiiinnnyyy
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 9:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I had the same issues. With my son i never got sick and never had problem with food. This time around with my daughter i was sick for the entire first trimester. I am also a coffee drinker (3 cups a day), and could not drinyk it..i had to supplement for cold caffeine until i stopped getting sick! Most likely it will get better..and because i understand i truly hope it does!!! For now just eat and drink what u can keep down!
    momti

Answer by momti at 9:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• IWAS THAT WAY WHEN I WAS PREG. WITH MY GIRL ! MAYB URE HAVING A GIRL ! IM EXPECTING NOW AND I CAN EAT WHATEVER IM NEVER HARDLY SICK BT WITH MY GIRL I COULDNT EVEN STAND ON MY FEET W/O THROWING UP
    mommyof2519

Answer by mommyof2519 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i was the same way at the beginning of this pregnancy so i ate whatever i could no matter if it was unhealthy or not, something is better then nothing. good luck
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Thank you for all the advice! We are getting married in 7 weeks and I am so sick of people telling me to "watch what I eat" so I fit my dress. Ugh..,at this point, I dont care if I wear sweats to the wedding lol. I can not stress enough that I don't feel well, so whatever I can eat I will eat. My nana has arleady mentioned that I am going to need to diet...things are being said that a pregnant women does not take very well. I already feel crappy, I don't need to be told that I am going to get "fat"...DUH people...I am PREGNANT...LOL.
    SDA722

Comment by SDA722 (original poster) at 8:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2011