How long to wait after having an IUD out...if we dont wait what could happen?

Just got my IUD taken out a few hours ago so DH and I can TTC baby #3 and I am just curious what (if anything) could happen if we started TTC tonight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• My midwife said that the removal can cause possible small cuts and scrapes in cervix so we should wait about 48 hours before trying to lessen the chance of infection in those little cuts and scrapes. Good luck!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I got preg with my daughter the day after my IUD was taken out. What happened?? I took a bunch of tests, didn't believe I was pregnant until her 18 week ultrasound and delivered her at 38 weeks and 4 days. Now Lily is a beautiful 14 month old girl and I thank God everyday that I didn't wait even one more day to have my IUD removed because I could have missed out on my beautiful little girl!

I had some bleeding on the second day (can't remember if it was before or after we had sex...). Good luck and happy trying! We are ttc #3 right now, too.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2011