How is everyone coping with the price of gas?

We just went to the pump to fill up and we are up to $3.95 here in Pittsburgh, PA. Fortunately we don't have jobs that are very far away, but how are the rest of the people out there coping with the price of gas so high?

3mom627

Asked by 3mom627 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• coupon coupon coupon....oh and I always get gas through one of my grocery chains.I have a King sopers and a Safeway where I live and I save 10 cents a gallon this way. Not a ton, bu every little bit helps.
    LilMzMa

Answer by LilMzMa at 9:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Terrible! $4.49 in Chicago! I put $50 in the tank and didn't even get it half full and I need a half tank/ week just to get to and from work!

I am so furious! You know the gas companies are going to post record profits this quarter too. Just wait.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 9:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• $4.21 in CALIFORNIA...
    put in $50 and its like nothing for my car..we are putting in $20 everyday...its so expensive..looking into a smaller car...
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I hate it, if we don't have to go anywhere we don't.. no more fun family trips into town to the Zoo, a park or anything. we live 20 miles from the nearest city with a grocery store of any kind! I almost feel like we are being forced to move but can't even afford that!!
    Anonymous

• SW burbs of chicago and it is $4.19 here. Kicker is we pay tax on gas so therefore we are ABOVE the national average. Sucks that we are taxed on EVERYTHING!!!
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• We're doing okay with the price of gas. With the warmer weather we're biking and walking more. We're lucky that we live in a city where everything is fairly close by. What we're now having a problem with is the grocery prices. I'm sure part of the rise in prices has to do with fuel costs going up. I about lost it today when I saw how much prices had shot up.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Closing my eyes when I pass by a gas station lol...just kidding :)
    Just driving less and it's $3.99 in Milwaukee, WI.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It's over 4 bucks on the boarder of NY! I have at an home business that I do! Needless to say, it covers the gas that my husband uses as well! I know his job isn't close enough to our house for walking or biking, but I could suggest that.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Over 4 here, DH just gets everything done either during lunch time or after work which has everything near by. If need be train or bus but Not ready for that if ever .
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Only necessity driving.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2011