Tarot cards

I avoid labels as I find them restrictive, so I'll just say I am open to any and all belief systems. This being said, I REALLY want a set of tarot cards. I was always trained that you do not buy yourself your cards, that they must be given as a gift. Here is my question, if I were to ask someone for them as a gift would that completely void the entire karma behind it? Perhaps I'm just not meant to have them yet....

wanderingmuse

Asked by wanderingmuse at 9:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can't give a straight answer on this because I've bough decks myself and had them given to me, and some of each just didn't work out. One set that I bought ended up going to my BFF because as soon as I made the purchase, that year long connection I'd felt disappeared. Then, I bought a set that worked well for a while, but ended up destroyed. Then DH gave me a deck, and it works for me, but not great. My latest deck, I bought myself and it's my perfect deck. My BFF picked up the bag they were in once and said, "Whoa! These are SO your cards!" from the energy from them lol. I think that you should pick out your own cards, but if you feel that they really should be a gift, you can ask for them. Mostly, I believe that if you think they won't work if you buy them yourself, they won't, but if you think they will, they will. It's all about your mentality, in my opinion.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have bought both sets of my Tarot cards. I picked them out because they appealed to me. I think you SHOULD buy them yourself because when you go shopping for them, you will be drawn to a deck that is the right one for you.

Another thought ... I am the ONLY one who touches my cards. This way, they are not contaminated with other people's energies. I have great results ... 90% accurate when I do readings.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• As SpiritedWitch says... you can buy your own, but let them choose you..
    the one I use now I do have the person cut them...I get good reads on them when they do...but I only read for
    my family so I am not worried about negativity attaching to my deck...
    but not all allow this, if you are not comfortable letting ppl touch your deck don't, there are no rules saying you have too...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i picked the deck that drew me in...i would say go buy them yourself and find the ones that draw you in
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 10:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• As Lizzy said, buy your own. The ones that draw your attention the most.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I've always felt it was bad luck to have someone else buy you cards. You need to be able to connect with them, and you won't know if you can do that until they are in your hands, so having someone else buy them could lead you to having cards that you can't work with... Buy OR make your own and pick something that calls you.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I bought my own tarot cards, tho I do have a set that was a gift. My cards have served me well. Buy what you feel is calling you.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Go to the store.

Find a deck that speaks to you.

Purchase said deck.

Read the booklet.

Meditate and journal.

Enjoy the journey...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• No, I think you can buy your own but you must choose carefully....
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• If you give me your address in a PM I will give you a set.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2011