Emotionally Distressed.

I am four months Post par tom, and ever since i've had my son, my emotions have been through the roof. For the first two months I was literally like a zombie. I talked to my O.B. and he said my hormones was out of balance and gave me a prescription. But it doesn't seem to be working at all. I can be in a great mood one minute and if one little thing just goes wrong...The tiniest little thing, i'm in a bad mood, pretty much, the rest of the day/ night. There are times I can't even handle being looked at or even touched. And it's all on the flip of a switch. Sometimes, nothing even has to go wrong, I just feel like 'the world is against me'. Like one huge emotional roller coaster. And I cry...Over EVERYTHING.
I'm not violent or anything like that. So, it's nothing like that. I'm just an emotional roller coaster. I've pretty much casted myself away from my friends and stuff, except for like...Three and limited family members , my boyfriend, and my son, of course. Sometimes when people call I will purposely not answer, simply because I just feel to 'down' to talk, but...Maybe in the next five minutes, I could be totally uplifted....Or it may take a couple of days before I feel 'uplifted'. Has anyone EVER felt like this after pregnancy? I feel so alone and crazy...And that doesn't help my 'emotionally situation' at all. If anyone has any tip or anything, please write back. Please&& Thank you.

babygirl_brea90

Asked by babygirl_brea90 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yeah, I thought I had post partum depression, got put on meds and they didn't work. Come to find out I was bipolar and they switched my meds and all is well.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Can you become bipolar after pregnancy????
    babygirl_brea90

Comment by babygirl_brea90 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• talk more to ur doc,maybe you also need some you time,find a babysitter and go out for a day :)
    mum2flowers

Answer by mum2flowers at 11:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yes and I still feel like I'm on an emotional rollercoaster at times 21 months later. I don't have a lot of help though and I am home with the kids all day. I'm currently working on finding things for me, trying to find ways to spend time with my hubby, and ways to pamper myself even if just a little bit.
    splendidbaby

Answer by splendidbaby at 11:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2011