Is it just me?

is it just me or does it drive you crazy when kids ride there bike in the road when where is a sidewalk.....drives me crazy..... U?

martinsmom2008

Asked by martinsmom2008 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd rather their ride their bikes in the road than the sidewalk as long as they are smart about it and stay out of the way
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• yes...but here you are not allowed to ride on the sidewalk. Now that is what I think is crazy.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• YES ! THAT DRIVES ME NUTS !!!!!! THEY SEEM TO LIKE THE STREET BETTER WHEN ITS MORE DANGEROUS !
    mommyof2519

Answer by mommyof2519 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• yea that is crazy....hmmm
    martinsmom2008

Comment by martinsmom2008 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• you are not supposed to ride a bike on a sidewalk, it's for walking. When you are a bike you a a vehicle and held to all the same rules of the road as a person driving a car. So whether it drives you nuts or not they are actually doing the right thing!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• In some cities the streets are marked allowing bikers to use the side of the street freely.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 9:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• no because here we are aloud o ride our bikes on the sidewalk thats the rule!
    martinsmom2008

Comment by martinsmom2008 (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• But before you choose to ride on the sidewalk, there are a couple things to consider…

•It’s illegal - The law in most areas of the country require bicycles to follow the same rules of the road as other motor vehicles. In essence, riding your bike down the sidewalk is the same as if you hopped the curb and started rolling it in your car.
    •It’s dangerous – Riding the sidewalk has it’s own set of dangers that many people never think about. Getting right hooked, cars pulling out of driveways, hitting pedestrians, etc are all things that have to be carefully watched for.
    Anonymous

• With gas prices the way they are...maybe a bike isn't all that bad of an idea for short trips. Still, bike riders on the road freak me out a bit. I'm so afraid I'll hit one.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 9:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Riding your bicycle on the public sidewalk can sometimes be illegal without your knowledge. Well, it would certainly depend on your state laws. Generally, it is illegal to ride your bike on a sidewalk unless it is a marked bike path. Additionally, roads are generally smoother, making the ride easier, quicker, and more comfortable. The police can seize your bike if you are riding on the sidewalk.

Anonymous