Do you favor one of your kids over the other(s)?

I will admit...I favor my own kids over my stepkids, but maybe that doesn't count??

Lola.Bee

Asked by Lola.Bee at 9:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• no
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I think your situation does count. They're "Your" kids even if not biologically and so favoring your biological kids over them is the same thing. In my opinion.

I have three kids. A two year old boy, a one year old girl, and a two month old boy. I am closer to my oldest son and therefore I tend to think of him first. It's not intentional, but it does happen. Like when I'm thinking of crafts to do I'll say "He'll like doing that" and "Oh he'd like that toy" .. And I have to remind myself what the other kids will like too.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My son is 3 1/2 and dd is 14 months. DD has just started climbing onto everything and acting like a crazy girl- but she is adorable!! I forgot how crazy months 14-24 are:) I love both of my children so much and am amazed at how different their personalities are.

Careful. Don't let your favoritism become obvious. I had step parents and it was pretty easy to see how they felt- and it hurts!!
    Anonymous

• no i do not.. my mil favors my daughter over my boys tho.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I agree. My stepmom hated me and my sisters and favored her own. I waited until my daughter was 14 before trying for more so that wouldn't happen.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I favor my own kids over my stepkids, but maybe that doesn't count?? - in my opinion, yes it does count. while the bond is obviously stronger with your own bio-kids, and perhaps secretly favoring them is acceptable, showing it in anyway isn't fair to any of them.

i have three daughters and i do not favor one over the other, but i have a different bond with each of them.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I don't. There was favortism in my family and even though I feel like I know why, it still sucked for a very long time. I'm an adult now and over it but there is no way I could do that to my kids at all.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Well I only have one....so no favoritism.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My girls are 16 years apart -- and while I don't "intentionally" set out to favor my youngest, I do. My oldest was always daddy's girl, so I am thrilled that this one is my girl. My oldest has moved out to go to college now, so she doesn't feel like I favor her lil sister more -- I just feel closer to her for some reason. Perhaps because the youngest is here with me and the oldest is spreading her wings??
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 10:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2011