Does this mean hes ready?

My 2 1/2 year old just came up to me and told me to change his diaper and he was grabbing at his booty, i looked and he had pooped, thats the first time hes told me that after he went poop does this mean that he is ready to finally start potty training?

martinsmom2008

Asked by martinsmom2008 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes he is 2 1/2 .. my 3 kids were potty trained way before that.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'd say he's ready!! Its so nice one they're out of diapers!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yes.

My son was fully potty trained shortly after he turned three. We waited a bit longer before really encouraging it because his sister was born a couple months before he turned 3 and we had been warned that there could be issues with potty training with a new baby in the house.

My daughter won't be two until mid-June, and she already uses the potty a couple times a day. We're not pushing it right now, but just letting her get used to the idea until we feel that she's really ready to go without diapers full-time.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 10:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i have been slowly potty training him for a while and i have his own potty in living room and have a little seat to put on our toilet and as many times he has sat on the toilet he has never gone....its almost like hes still not sure how to control those muscles yet
    martinsmom2008

Comment by martinsmom2008 (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It sounds like he is ready to start :) My son is going to be 2 in July and we just let him sit on his potty to get used to the idea...he's never actually gone, he just likes to sit up there like Mommy and Daddy do.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 11:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My son is 15 mo and one day about a month ago he tooted while I was changing his diaper and started cracking up, so I made a silly "no no" face but he could tell I wasn't serious and the next thing I knew he was squeezing and trying to do it again! I figure if my kid can fart on command, he knows how to control those sphincter muscles well enough to try a potty. We actually just bought his first potty today and although I don't expect him to use it right away, it's high time he starts getting comfortable with one! He pees on command too now :p I think that as soon as they start showing an awareness of their bodily functions, that's the right time to introduce a potty, and then just be consistent with putting him on it frequently and talking about it's purpose. Sounds like your DS is ready!!! Good luck!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 4:24 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Even if he's ready or not to be full on trained, it sounds like a good time to start getting him use to the idea :)
    PaCsSupermom

Answer by PaCsSupermom at 12:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2011