How to ease morning sickness?

Hello ladies. Well this question is from my mom. She's 38 and having her 3rd child. Im 18, my brother is 17 and my daughter is 2. As you can see my parents waited a REALLY long time to start having kids again. Especially when they have a grandchild. From the looks on my parents faces, this pregnancy was not planned. LOL.
From what my mom has told me about her last pregnancies, morning sickness is horrible for her. She's only 2 months pregnant and already near being bed ridden.
I, myself, rarely had morning sickness when i was pregnant with my daughter. So I cant really tell her anything.
Yeah I know she has had 2 kids. But think about it, that was 17 years ago. Alot of things have changed since then.

Are there any remedies thats she can take?
Thank you in advance! =)

ariaautumn08

Asked by ariaautumn08 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Ginger Candy
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 10:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• ginger anything actually. ginger is great for nausea whether its ale, root, candies, cookies.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Thank you MMXI && tnm786. She hates Ginger but i have a feeling she will love it right now lol
    ariaautumn08

Comment by ariaautumn08 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• WHEN YOU EAT TRY TAKING LIL BITS AT A TIME ! WHEN YOU FIRST GET UP DNT JUST HOP UP TAKE URE TIME ! EAT SOMEHTING N THE MORINIGS EVEN IF ITS A YOUGURT,FRUIT ANYTHING LIKE THAT ! RELAX
    mommyof2519

Answer by mommyof2519 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• also, when i was pregnant with my first i read that eating an apple before bed will help ease the nausea in the morning? never tried it myself though. and if she takes her prenatals in the morning and finds they are hard on her stomach - she can switch to taking them later in the day and it might help. it did for me.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I keep crackers by my bed and eat those before I even get out of bed in the morning. Also, eating small amounts of food frequently seems to help. The sickness seems to get worse if i let my stomach get empty.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 11:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i loooved using ginger ale, flat or fresh from the can works either way. Ginger has the wonderful ability to stop queezyneess, so really anything with ginger in it, ginger tea, ginger candy ect. but if your mom dosent like ginger then crackers or bread can help with it a bit, but not as nicely as the ginger. if you want to understand the basics of ginger alton brown does a wonderful job >>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF4Epk14EpQ (skip to about 7min in and he goes into how it helpd with queezyness)
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 11:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I relied on Ginger Ale and saltines! lol
    AustinsMommyMI

Answer by AustinsMommyMI at 9:49 AM on Apr. 29, 2011