Massages??

I have never had one...but I have been so tense lately I am seriously considering getting one. Can anyone tell me how to pick a good place and what to expect.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Health

• Beauty Salons. Some offer a massage during and after the shampoo. Also they also offer a facial including of course a relaxing massage. If you are looking for a whole body massage maybe the spa is the place.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 10:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Ask your family and friends for any local recommendations, other than that, you sort of have to try a few out. My hubby always came with me, and sat out in the lobby to help reassure me. Anything inappropriate and he would have crashed through some doors. It sounds silly, but it was reassuring and did help me to relax until I found a place I did like. Call up some potential places, find out about prices and what that entails, and don't be afraid to ask questions. I always found that the day spas had the best for my money.
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 10:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Definitely get recommendations from people you know & trust!
    Anonymous

• I get a massage every 2 weeks.They are wonderful !! Some gyms offer massage therapy.Also call beauty salons as alot of them offer this service.Where I live a 1 hour massage runs $ 45.00.You would want at least 1 hour,the 1/2 hour ones just don't do the job.Ask to see the persons certificate/license before you make an appointment.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Ask to see the persons certificate/license before <<<----- this!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have never had one either, but I hope you post back and let us know how it goes.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2011