Do you have kids with big age differences?

My daughter is 14 and I want to get pregnant with #2. Do you have any kids with big age differences and did you like it?

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 10:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• My kids are 17, 15 & 1. No, the one-year-old isn't on purpose.

The older ones don't live with me so it's kind of like just having one kid though.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 5:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I do have an age difference! My daughter is 8 and my son is 16.I know we have different age grouped children but all the same thing.yu have to have patience to have to different age groups.life is easy around my house but it's different. Just remember no matter how old they are life is gonna be hard but once you get used to it it turns out ok. I hope it helps.
    laurynb

Answer by laurynb at 10:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Not that much, mine are 7 years apart. DD is the older (mini-mom), they are great friends and even roommates. ( DD is 30 and DS is 23)
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 10:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My DS will be 8 on sunday. I am currently 15 weeks pregnant. Not sure yet how it will be. He seems eager to help, or at least he says that now. We will see once the baby gets here :)
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 10:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No, but my siblings and I have big differences. My brother and I are 8 years apart and my sister and I are 18 years apart. It's odd, and it's weird because I see my sister more like my child than my sister since my daughter and her are the same age.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My kids are 11, 4 1/2 and 5 months. Having them spaced out helps.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 5:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i have a daughter that is 12 and a daughter that is 2 and i wouldnt have it any other way my oldest is such a big help and she loves to do it you just gotta remember that the oldest is also still a child and not a live in babysitter thats when the older one can grow to dislike the new baby but my daughter adores each other my son the middle one is a diffrent story lol
    cmwillo

Answer by cmwillo at 8:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2011