I HAVENT HAD AN ULTRSOUND SINCE MY DAUGHTER SHES 3 NOW AND IM EXPECTING HOW FAR ALONG DO I HAVE TO BE TO GET MY 1ST ULTRASOUND

mommyof2519

Asked by mommyof2519 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Some practitioners do them early on to date the pregnancy, others prefer to wait until 20 weeks for the anatomy scan... but the ACOG says that ultrasound is not to be used routinely in pregnancy at all, only when there is a problem suspected.

They're not necessary. Just ask your doctor when they usually like to do ultrasounds :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i think its around 12 weeks..im not 100% sure, i always get one before then because i spotted for 5 weeks with this baby and with my first i had some bleeding..so i have had alot of ultrasounds with my pregnancies..ask your doctor at your next appt.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Mine was 9 weeks to determine due date. then the 20 week to find out the sex
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 11:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I was 6 weeks with my daughter...they did a vaginal ultrasound....and then 21 weeks to determine sex...with my son I was 11 weeks and 19 weeks when I found out he was a boy!
    mrs.keen

Answer by mrs.keen at 12:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2011