Mommys boy??!!

I have been with the same guy for 3 years now and we have twins together. His mom is a really rude person, she says things that hurt my feelings or says bad/inappropriate things around my children who are learning how to talk...fast! I tell him how she makes me feel and the things she says to me or around the kids. He said he will tell her about talking that way near the kids but pretty much he doesn't care how she makes me feel. I "take her the wrong way". I told him this isn't a once or twice thing it is ALL the time. She is so far up his ass and he is so far up hers. He is 26 almost 27 years old, when do you plan on growing up and being a man. No matter the situation, even if she's in the wrong, he is on her side. He wasn't this way when we were dating but after I got pregnant she told me she wanted to be called mama and I told him that it just wouldn't happen. When you carry twins around for 9mths and give birth, nobody but you should be called mama. I told him I would feel the same if someone wanted to be called dada, I wouldn't let it happen. He took her side. He flipped out at me and told me I'm a B**** and that he was going to have them call her that behind my back. I am not perfect by any means but I would never tolerate my mom being that way towards him let alone say "oh well". He makes me feel like nothing. I will never come before his mom. There is times when I think we should be married because we've been together for a while and have 2 kids but when it comes down to it I could never marry him until he draws a line some where with his mom. I really dislike her too.. she raised him to be a mommys boy. She hangs all over him and pinches his butt. Who does that to their son who is a man and now has kids of his own? And more importantly, what 26 yr old man lets their mom do that???? I can't take it anymore and I don't know what to do. I have talked to him over and over and over again about this and the way it makes me feel. How he spends an hour every day on the phone with her when hes home from work instead of playing with the kids or talking to me. I don't want him to shut her out but there has to be a line some where. I would never expect him to always be on my side but at least stick up for me or take my side once in a while... he has literally NEVER taken my side when it comes to his mom besides with talking badly around the kids. What do I do? What can I do? Obviously I want things to be civil because I will have to deal with her for at least the next 16 yrs!! HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I married a mamas boy. Once, when we went to her house for a bbq, she invited all his ex girlfriends over. When u marry, u marry their mother too. Sorry to say but you are screwed. He will not change. We got divorced because of that crazy wench.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Wow since you are not married and your kids are still young I would honestly leave (even if just for a while). Go to your parents/friends w/e anywhere but take your kids and get away. Tell him until he grows and and decides he wants to be with you and stand up for you and your kids you won't be with him. Then there goes the MIL problem, she won't need to see you or the kids.
    He needs to man up and "mama" needs to cut the cord already. Mama seriously?! You are the mama, she is grandma! I'm sorry but if he's never on your side and never sticks up for you, he is choosing her over you. How much does that show his love for you? Calling you names and saying he is going to do something you said NO to behind your back. That is very immature, and he is supposed to help raise your kids, mold them into responsible adults? You and the kids deserve better than that.
    mrspnut82

Answer by mrspnut82 at 12:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2011