Playstation network?

So I know it was hacked and all that, which I don't really care a lot about because we never use our PS3 for games, but I do have Netflix. I've been having issues with my PS3 anyway (well, mostly the controller), and I know this is dumb, but do you have to be signed into the network to use Netflix? Also, has anyone heard when it will be up again?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Technology

• No, you do NOT have to have the network in order to use Netflix. Possibly May 4th it will be back on.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Um...Nope, you do NOT have to sign in to watch Netflix. Yes, you have to be online, just not on Playstation Network. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yes, you probably have to have the network up to be able to access Netflix. Because you have to be able to get online to get to Netflix.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• YES! LOL Hopefully it will work for me. I'm on the last episode of season 7 of Gilmore Girls on DVD now, so I really hope I can get the Netflix to work. In the past (and the reason I asked), I had issues once or twice when it was signed out of the Playstation network, but other times it would work.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yeah..I had to ask my son. He is the PS3 expert. Haha
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i have the saaaaame problem. it wont let me sign into netflix through the netflix app on the PS3 due to the PSN being down, so its just collecting dust on our tv case for now. i havent tried using teh ps3's internet option to watch it yet, does it actually work?
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 11:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Braden says to just click yes when it asks you to sign in, then, when it tells you it's undermaintainence, it should still let you on.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No, I've been using Netflix just fine since the hacking. It does ask me to login and I do and then it says the network is down and lets me go about my business.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2011