Second question about Pre E

Second question about Pre E: i had severe Pre e with my first pregnancy and delivered at 34 weeks to a 5 pound 6 ounce baby boy he was in the NICU for almost a month im pregnat with my second and im about 6 to 7 weeks along and my first baby is only 8 in a half months old(not much of a gap there lol) i had no morning sickness with my first pregnancy and didnt even feel pregnant till about 25 weeks this pregnancy #2 is horrible already i have morning sickness severe and horrible heartburn already i was just wondering if any moms had Pre E with there first and had no morning sickness and an easy pregnancy then with #2 had horrible morning sickness and heartburn...does morning sickness mean something good and what are the chances of me getting it again 

MrsBudrow88

Asked by MrsBudrow88 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Um..Pre E. Can happen or not. Morning sickness has nothing to do with it at all. I had no sickness or Pre E.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It is my understanding that pre-eclampsia "usually" only occurs with a first child or with multiples... At least that's what I was told by the OB who had to deliver my son three weeks ago because I suddenly developed pre-eclampsia at 39 weeks...

My fingers are crossed for you!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I had severe morning sickness with both of my sons and only had pre-e with the first son. So I'd say the morning sickness doesn't really have anything to do with it. The chances of you not having it the second time around are really very good. Good luck and congratulations on the pregnancy!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 11:17 AM on Apr. 29, 2011