Does anyone else have a patio garden?

I am working on my first patio container garden.I have planted alot of salad stuff so far.What else is easy to grow in containers?

mum2flowers

Asked by mum2flowers at 11:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'd love to see pictures! Is that anything like container gardening?
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• get a topsy turvy :) i can't wait to move to start a lil deck garden!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• maybe tomorrow I can get some pictures,nothing is up yet but its planted.Yes everything is in containers,on my little tiny back patio.Im gonna check into the topsy turvy.I have wondered if neighbors are going to be a problem lol
    mum2flowers

Comment by mum2flowers (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• This actually has become quite a trend according to my local nursery! They have tomato plants, pepper plants, etc. already in small potted plants specifically for patios. I was waiting for that week long storm event to pass before purchasing mine, but I plan too. I had great luck with the tomatoes last year!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Imgonna check in with my nursery too! I like that idea of them already being in patio pots
    mum2flowers

Comment by mum2flowers (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME WITH Topsy Turvery. You will get MUCH better results by putting them in a container. You can grow tons of things in containers. Squash, tomatoes, green beans, brussel sprouts, onions, potatoes, carrots, strawberries, cumcumber, eggplant, zuccini, etc.

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I've a front walk garden going right now. It's full of Hen and Chicks(Sempervivums) and they are beautiful :) Lots of color. I don't do edibles at home- we have a garden plot over on our property for that. I'm growing a TON of ornamentals indoors that I put out for the spring and summer- I have just at 100 houseplants right now, a lot of which can go outside. My problem is that I see bare spots once I put everything out and want to fill it with something else, so I go buy more plants! lol I've got most of my windows full to the brim right now, plus the front walk has about 20 pots on it at the moment. I'm reluctant to put much out until I see how the neighborhood kids are going to react- last year I lost a lot to them and had decided not to put anything outside again. We'll see how it goes!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• We are doing our first one this year, I am excited.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Here's some good info for you.

http://www.container-gardens.com/
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 6:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• herbs?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:54 PM on May. 2, 2011