Should I keep his pics for them or should I throw them out ?

I have two kids from a previous relationship and two with my now husband . He is dad to my oldest kids in my eyes but my family thinks that I should keep pictures for the kids when they get older and tell them about him . but my husband when we tried to move a year ago tried to throw them away he said they did not need them am I WRONG FOR KEEPING THEM

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would keep some perhaps in a shoebox and put them in the attic. If the kids get older and ask then you have them.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 5:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• ok - my neice is 16 and doesnt know that her father isnt her father - her real dad (sperm donor) was physically abusive and when she is old enough to know the reason for her mom separating from him she will be told - but now since she is still young they dont want her looking for him- they want her to be mature enough to understand that he may have contributed to her coming into this world he isnt who loved her and raised her -and yes they have pictures in their home of him- tucked away so she can put a face to the stories of pain her mother went through -
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• i would keep them. if i were the kid i would like to see them later!
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 5:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I would keep them!
    Put them in a box and put em up.
    Just tell your Husband that you want to keep them just for the kids. If he is uncomfortable with the idea, how about asking a Family member to keep them for you? Just an idea.
    ProudOhioMom

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 10:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• keep them. your kids will appreciate it someday..
    Jazzy611

Answer by Jazzy611 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I would keep at least a few. My baby sis is 19 and prego and she has no idea who her father is. For over 17 years she thought it was my dad then came the devorce and she found out that wasn't so. My dad and sis still love each other but she still would like to know how she came into the world.
    kerriwebb

Answer by kerriwebb at 5:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I would keep them for the fact that someday your kids might want to know about him or see him.
    NikkiMarie333

Answer by NikkiMarie333 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• When my mom died my dad made us each a photo album of pictures with our mother in it and gave it to us when we were teenagers. Mine is very important to me because I hardly knew her. So maybe you can buy a couple of small albums and make your children each one and then give it to them when you feel the time is right. Good or Bad he will always be their father. And I think you new husband will appreciate the fact that you did this because it shows you are not keeping them for yourself but for you children.
    kenadismom

Answer by kenadismom at 11:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I say keep them at least a couple, when your kids get older they are bound to ask some questions, I assume they are old enough to remember that they had a different dad before.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• My oldest son (5 years) is from a previous relationship. I have scrapbooks from when we were together and I keep them so that when my son grows up he will be able to have the photos/memories. My husband understands that I keep them for my son NOT ME. However, my situation maybe a little different since my sons father is now deceased.
    TrevHuntersMom

Answer by TrevHuntersMom at 11:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2008