Is Sexual Assault something that happens to every woman at least once in their life? adult content

I don't want to offend anyone or hurt anyone at all...I decided to flag this, incase if this is too personal and a touchy subject for you.

I honestly wonder if every woman has been assaulted sexually atleast once in their lifetime?
It seems like something that is just bound to happen to women. Thats what i have come to realize. And it is very sick.

I have been sexually assaulted throughout my whole life. Two of them being my own family membors. And for the longest time i thought i was the only one and i was hurt so bad thinking i was just a nobody to everyone, until i started hearing other girls talk about being sexually assaulted. It is awful.
I really dont know where i was going with this..i guess i just needed to get it out..

I hate that being raped, or molested has turned into a "regular" thing for woman to go thru. Thats how i feel about it anymore.

How do you feel about this?
** please dont hate

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• NO!
    Anonymous

• I don't think so, I've never been sexually assaulted and neither has any woman I know.
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry that this happened to you and that you have felt so alone!

I have not been sexually victimized, but you are correct in your conclusion that it happens to many women. My midwife estimates that 75% of women have been sexually abused, based on her practice. The problem with getting numbers for this is that it is a crime that shames the victim into silence. An estimated 7 out of 8 rapes go unreported. Two of my three sisters have been raped, one by two different men, and none of these incidences were reported.

It's tragic, and maddening and outrageous. I hope that you are able to find peace.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I never have, and I'm 31. But I know of 2 people that have been raped.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I was "date raped" as a teen - I felt it was my fault for not saying NO sooner. I drove home barely coming to thinking that No meant NO. I slipped in the house and told my older sister what happened and she said "it was your fault you never should have been alone with him, you can't kiss and touch and then just expect himto stop". I remember those words so clearly!!!! It took me years to realize NO means NO!
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately we live in a sick world where some guys think that a girl "deserved" to be raped, that she had it coming, etc. I hope my kid doesn't have to go thru any of that. But we were at McDonalds, some pervert was drooling over her and I yelled "hey asshole, she's only 14!" And he was like "oh, sorry"
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• When I was a young teen/tween I was molested by a close family friend for a couple of years. He said it was to teach me about how good sex can feel or something like that. When I was 14 or so I said something that blew it. His wife got pissed at him and *I* was blamed for letting it happen. All my dad could do was stand off to the side and nod his head like a bobble head while this woman verbally tore me to shreds. They are still friends with my dad and everyone acts like nothing ever happened. But, this man comes sniffing around me still whenever I indicate that my marriage isn't perfect.

You're not alone honey, and neither am I. No matter how often we think we are.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Every women no. But many women are. I know lots of women who were sexually assaulted. Not actually being raped or molested. But a guy showing a girl his penis even if you don't want to see it. Being chased into a woman's restroom by a horny guy. A nasty pervert going through a ladies clothes to find and smell their underwear. The list goes on an on.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 12:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• wow... that is so true about the 7 out of 8 go unreported. Because i never could find it in me to say anything ... i still dont. But it was hard because the man who raised me was the one who was doing it and i still see him at family get togethers and my whole family doesnt know. The only ones who know what happened are him and i. And i was so angry and i rebelled and my whole family hated who i became but i still kept my mouth shut. I felt somewhere down the line i deserved it. I wasnt anything to anyone. I wrote him a letter telling me sorry for whatever i did that made him not love me, and that i needed him to talk to me. He completely ignored me. For almost a year he bluntly would ignore me, wouldnt even look at me. Now, he actually answers my phone calls and at family get togethers he actually acts like i am there....i just dont see how my family didnt see somethin was happening
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I know how you feel. I was molested when I was a child and I thought it was "normal". However, I was disgusted with myself. I know exactly what you mean about your family and how they didn't notice anything. I was sure my mom would have noticed something, I think she did, but she never said anything. I did say something once but then I lied to save their marriage. I also got pregnant when I was 19. My mom thought it was because I wanted a baby. Truthfully, I was hoping that man would leave me alone. But it didn't do anything. I was pregnant and he came to my room. WTH??!! I was pregnant and he was trying to get himself a fix. He is a horrible man and I would love to punch him in the face every time I see him. He makes me sick!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2011