How can I get this job back?

History: A few years back, I took a job (I won't go into too much explanation), but I was working in the evening with a few other girls, who turned out to be doing things not on the up and up, such as inviting their boyfriends and others into the business after we had closed the doors. We worked all night. Anyway, it got to be very uncomfortable for me, so I left. They have since changed owners and the job is available again. I was good at the job and enjoyed it. But, I think one girl has talked about how I called in and quit. There is an explanation and I think what I did was correct. I want the job back. I called and left a message and sent in my Resume as requested. But, I feel the need to be able to explain what happened to them. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• Go in and speak to the new managers in person. If it doen't work out then it was not meant to be.
    When God closes a door, He opens a window!!!
    If you want to start your own business...contact me!!
    It will all work out!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Be honest. Many years ago I was working at a store where the manager was stealing money and blaming it on a coworker. I quit and then he got fired. I reapplied for my job and had to explain that crap but it was the right thing to do.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• One thing with job or any other job you must leave in person and explain if you don't rumors start and jobs are about money.People are ready to take your spot you need to aplogize and say that it won't happen again and hope for the best.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 11:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• mkdirector2011, I did not vote you down. I appreciate all answers Thank You!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2011