Obama and The Royal Wedding

I'm pretty sure President & Mrs Reagen were invited to Prince Charles and Diana's wedding...why is Obama being excluded from Kate and Will's wedding?

justalady774

Asked by justalady774 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think because we are in a time of conflict it would be too much security to protect an American President right now.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I thought it was racism.
    ferrellmt

Answer by ferrellmt at 11:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Too much would be focused on them, what Michele was wearing etc. and not the Wedding. They want a beautiful wedding void of Obama.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I don't know, but I wouldn't invite him to the wedding either if I were them, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Also Prince Charles was next to be King as he still is so there was different etiquette on who must be invited whereas Kate and William can be a little more personal who they want to invite as William is not next in line.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The only Heads of State invited are Commonwealth and Royal Families, motly European .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• What Janet said, and also because the Obamas are tacky. I can't blame the brits for not inviting them. I heard Obama gave the queen an ipod full of his speeches for her birthday or something like that. Laaaame
    02_Grey_Mustang

Answer by 02_Grey_Mustang at 12:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Charles was/is next in line, so his wedding was more formal. Wills being one-off he gets more flexibility with his wedding; like inviting his whole platoon/unit from his days in the service. This wedding invite list seems more based on personal relationships than diplomatic obligations.

When Harry gets married he could probably practically get away with Vegas - haha!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:21 AM on Apr. 29, 2011