DVD for homeschooling?

I homeschool my 7 year old daughter and I am looking for a computer based curriculum for Language Arts. Do you know any good ones? If you have used them before did you like them?

Frogbaby83

Asked by Frogbaby83 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• A Beka & Bob Jones both have DVD lessons as well as internet streaming courses.

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think Switched on Schoolhouse is one of the popular ones - not 100% sure they have LA but worth taking a look.

Never tried it, only heard of it. I just buy workbooks for LA - grammar anyway.
    Anonymous

• I talked to someone who had used Switched on Schoolhouse and they were not pleased with it. We use A Beka books but I would really like to find something computer based for the math and language arts.
    Frogbaby83

Comment by Frogbaby83 (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• There are free online curriculums you can look at where you can probably pick and choose the subjects.

umm...

www.theheadoftheclass.com

www.freeworldu.org

haven't tried them though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• For math we used Math U See, and I loved it, it had DVD lessons, and an online group for help. Went all the way through high school math.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2011