Exhausted !

I have a 6 month old baby. She sleeps pretty well compared to what I hear from other mothers about their babies ... and then I get up and I go to work, I come home for an hour, then go to night classes. I work M,T,W,F and I have classes M-Th. I just am so exhausted ! I am a single mother - so when I am not at work or at school I dont have a second away from her, which is fine, she is my baby and this is my problem. I just dont know how to get more energy. I am only 20 years old - I had so much until maybe a month ago. And then it seemed to all just hit me and drag me down. I know alot of other moms do it, and I am just wondering how. I have been doing a great job keeping up on everything until this week. I have worked every day I am scheduled, but I missed 3 classes this week. It is really bad and I just feel so little motivation because I just want some sleep! I know I am rambling - Im sorry. Any motivation/energy tips ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Health

• Thats rough hun! I'm sorry.It sounds like you realize you just gotta do what you gotta do. Part of being an adult and a mom. But if you can, give yourself a little break at least once a week. Even if it's an hour or two. Just something where you aren't stressing about work/school/baby. Maybe even just take a nap with her one day. But if you get stuck in your rut of exhaustion you're eventually either going to quit school, lose motivation, get depressed or just burn out. It's's not healthy to go go go all the time.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• If you have been doing well for a while could you possibly be anemic (low iron levels)?

Make sure you are eating well and drinking enough fluids.

You are doing a great job. Give yourself a break this week and get back on track again next week.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Well you should be getting a break with school soon right? So that's something to look forward to and less stress. Also get your iron in and eat well. The months Nov - Feb always put me in a little hibernation. I promise you'll get trhough this, just learn sit back and rest a little each day.
    greengirl106

Answer by greengirl106 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2008