How to read popcorn nutritional information?

I feel like such an idiot but if you have a box of microwave popcorn read the back. It shows serving size for popped and unpopped. What are the calories for a bag of popped popcorn?

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 12:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I buy Pop Weaver, Butter Flavor (with Canola Oil), 24 bags per box. On the side of the box it has the regular nutritional facts and right next to it there is a smaller area that has "Full Bag Popped" information!! It says: Calories 260, Calories from Fat 100, Total Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2g, Monounsaturated Fat 6g, Cholesterol 0mg.

I bet other brands with similar ingredients will have close to the same info!
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 9:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Ha ha, I've seriously wondered this myself before. It confuses the heck out of me and I'm a pretty intelligent person. :-/
    splendidbaby

Answer by splendidbaby at 12:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yeah me too but I always overthink it and say whatever I am eating a bag but 150, 370? I don't know!
    jamesonjustines

Comment by jamesonjustines (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• THANKS! That is SO much easier to understand!!!!!!!
    jamesonjustines

Comment by jamesonjustines (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2011