Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How do I find an advocate for hire to go to school meetings for middle school son?

I need an advocate for hire to go to school meetings (school team) to help discuss setting up IEP or 504 plans for my son. I need someone who can speak the school language and knows the basic legalities and help me realize if any information has not been volunteered to me.

Answer Question

Asked by Indakitchen at 12:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

Level 3 (23 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Try contacting Parent2Parent. They are in most states and can point you in the right direction.


    Answer by But_Mommie at 12:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

  • Contact the school board; many have parent advocates/ombudsmen

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:08 AM on May. 1, 2011

  • ^ looks like good suggestions there. Good luck.

    Answer by KTMOM at 12:58 PM on May. 4, 2011

  • idk but i hope you found it

    Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 10:52 AM on May. 18, 2011

  • I don't know but here's a bump

    Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 1:05 PM on May. 21, 2011

  • I would ask the school administration.

    Answer by cleanaturalady at 6:53 PM on May. 21, 2011

  • I'd call local colleges and ask if they have any law students that would know about that. Or maybe even a professor.

    Answer by malexander2009 at 9:12 PM on May. 27, 2011

  • call and ask the school board or ask a local college like malexander2009 suggested

    Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:52 PM on May. 31, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.