How do you

delete you teen child's facebook page? I tried but they said that anyone beginning at age 13 can have their own facebook page and block unwanted viewers... guess who that is? Yep you guessed it MOM. This Web mess is getting out of control, and so are these kids who think thy are grown and that their parents are aliens! Oh! I figured someone would ask, she is 16 yrs. old

mika0101

Asked by mika0101 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Wow, why don't you have her password? My son isn't that crazy and if I asked him to delete, he would.

Ask her for the password and then, go delete it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• U get her password from her and delete. I have my daughters password.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Tried that. Like pulling teeth.
    mika0101

Comment by mika0101 (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• you can install a keylogger in her computer to get her password
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Thank you! I will do that.... good answer.
    mika0101

Comment by mika0101 (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Cahnge the whole computer admins to need a password to even get to the homepage. She can't access a thing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I agree lock the computer so it requires a password, allowing her only time on it for monitored school work. Kids can still get into their accounts from their phones (smart phones) or even at school (depending on the classes they are in).
    I'd tell her if she wants the privledge back (and you're okay with it) that she must give you the password and that she has to friend you. I have it setup this way with my kids, my older son (16) got a upset a couple weeks ago because I logged into his account (it was honestly an accident) but I just told him we don't live in a democracy in this house, its a dictatorship and I'm the queen - get over it. (I was half joking) A few days later I left my account open and he posted posted on my page "Oh look at me I'm in my mom's account because she left it open" it all ended in good humor. They need to understand while we want them to have freedom and privacy, its our job to keep them safe
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Block access to facebook on the computer

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 AM on May. 1, 2011

• try blocking her web page & take computer away
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 12:01 PM on May. 1, 2011

• If she isn't going to give you her password then block her from FB, the computer or keylogger. You are her parent, just because facebook says she can have a page doesn't mean you have to let her.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:43 PM on May. 2, 2011