Tips on Potty training

My daughter wants to use her potty. When I put her on it she will sit on it for a while then stand up. When she stands up is when she will pee. What can I do to help her?

DariAnn

Asked by DariAnn at 9:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like she is getting the hang of the feeling, just confused & stands up. I would let her straddle the potty when she stands & encourage her to sit back down. It takes time mom. Hey at least she has sit on potty means go pee figured out & that is good. LOL.

Anonymous

• That sounds just like it goes in the beginning with most kids. We've been introducing the potty to my youngest for 2 months now. Sitting on it naked is just not the most appealing and comfortable time for them to go potty right off....it's near to them and it feels weird. Layla constantly sits on it and reads a book, never goes and then pee's on the floor when she goes to get me a diaper. Eventually she'll pee in it and usually once is enough to get the ball really rolling. Just be patient...this process takes a long time, at least for me.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2008