What do you use to get rid of (and prevent) pet odor in your home?

Proverbs_31

Asked by Proverbs_31 at 1:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Pets

• I use vinegar and water it kills all odor you can't smell it and the animals can't smell it either.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 5:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My boyfriend has a dog. I make sure he gives her a bath once a week. I use that foaming spray that you dont have to vacuum on the carpet....usually spray it once or twice a day. febreeze....plug ins...and i light candles once my kids are in bed. The dog doesnt really smell all that bad though just as long as she gets a bath on a regular basis.
    indieem82123

Answer by indieem82123 at 1:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Bathe the dog and clean regularly... I use Pine-Sol. I swear that could cover up any smell lol... burns the hell out of my nose though.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 8:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Quite simple really, to prevent it, we don't have pets. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• That is funny anon! Made me laugh. I actually just vaccum, dust, and clean. Our dogs are bathed regularly, and we also use fabreeze.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 1:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i feel your pain my bf has a long haired chihuahua and we keep him in the laundry room and the odor gets ridiculous. He uses little pads so we have to change the garbage every two days and I mop the floor with a scented Mr.Clean and bleach mixed. I also leave the windo in there open regularly to let it air out. I vacuum every two days because of shedding and I used the Arm and Hammer Pet Fresh that you sprinkle down on the floor because it has baking soda in it, which kills pet odors. And I just recently read yesterday about mixing vinegar and water half and half and misting the dog while rubbing it into their fur to cut down on odors or just buy him a dog -safe fragrance cologne like I did. This helps me alot because Im pregnant and my nose is so strong to odors. Good Luck
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 3:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Buy some of that pet odor powder to put on before you vacuum.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Well that's what I've been using for years, but dh got the kids a little dog with big odor and I HATE it!! (sorry pet lovers) I have a super sensitive nose and I'm self conscience about guest coming over
    Proverbs_31

Comment by Proverbs_31 (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• some dogs have a stronger smell than others, maybe there is a breeded in the area who can help with your dog odour. My aunt and uncle had a dog that if you pet it your hand smelled, it was so gross, he was clean it was just his breed.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• hmm... its a chiweinna (Sp) chihuahua weiner dog mix

Proverbs_31

Comment by Proverbs_31 (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Apr. 29, 2011