Is 39 OLD?

You know how sometimes at the bottom of the page, CM will have links to posts within a group that have the most hugs or hearts or whatever? Well, there was one about a husband seeing a 39 year old woman. It struck my curiosity, so I clicked. Throughout this entire thread, this 39 year old woman is being called "old lady," "grandma," "granny," and "wrinkly old ass." It is even mentioned at one point about how she needs a walker, dentures, depends, and baby food.

Granted this is in a 20-something group, but seriously......thinking 39 as OLD?!??!?!

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 1:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• LMAO!! Boy, I'm ancient then! I'm 52, no gray hair (yet), I exercise, soo my ass isn't wrinkly, last I looked. I still have my teeth and I don't wear depends! Man, I'm doing something wrong, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• 49 here...I was going to say when I saw the question...39 is only old when you're in your 20's!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• the author of that story was definitely a baby themselves.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 1:39 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Alright, I'm in my mid-twenties, but no - I don't think 39 is "old". My Granddaddy is "old". He's turning 90 this year.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I suppose those of us beyond 39 know the truth...
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 1:42 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I'll turn 26 in June. I don't think 39 is old. I agree with DusterMommy: 90 is old. :) I think, perhaps, though I haven't read the thread, there is always a compulsion to think of the meanest possible thing to call anyone who you feel has harmed you in some way, especially in the instance of someone your SO has cheated on you with.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 2:21 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Wow, these are some dumb 20-some year olds. I am 23 and I do not think 39 is old at all, I don't even think 52 is old! I don't call people old, just older.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Ok, I had to go and search that group (I'm in it, I'm 21) because I had to figure out what it was about lol. The post was made by someone who recently (this month) found out that her husband was cheating on her and all that, so it's mostly anger at him (and probably her) coming out I would guess. 39 is NOT even CLOSE to being old. I've never understood why people think that 30s or 40s or 50s or 60s is old. I don't think that any age is "old" and I think that you're only as old as you think you are.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:42 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I'm 29 and decided that 21 is old. It's all downhill from there. But no, I wasn't in there saying that crap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• heck no
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2011