How young are boys when they start having wet dreams?

I have to admit that I know nothing about wet dreams and dh is useless as he says he only ever had one.
I was just wondering because ds is almost 7 and will occasionally get up in the night and change his pants. When I ask him he says he peed but only in his pants that his sheets are dry and they are. So I was wondering if he was maybe having a wet dream.... I really don't know.
I also heard too that wet dreams are not always sexual, is this true?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• My husband just said he was about 8 or so when he had his first, and it was exactly like how you just described. So yeah, its very possible he's already getting them and doesn't realize what they are.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I've heard some boys start around 8-9 so it may be possible. And no, sometimes it isn't necessarily sexual. It is hard to know because they don't always remember dreams or anything. I think it is sometimes their bodies just getting started.
    teachermama924

Answer by teachermama924 at 2:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I was just told by a group of guys in my guild on WoW that its usually right around when puberty hits, about 11 or so.

I totally did NOT want to ask either! :P
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I asked because with girls starting puberty earlier couldn't boys too?
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 1:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• That's what I was thinking too. I don't know, hub just got home, so I'll let him read.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2011