What is your biggest fear raising your child/children?

When mine were little, it was stranger danger, M.School/H.School, drugs and pregnancies. Now, the wars that are taking place. I have one son in the Air Force and he's already been to Iraq twice. A mom ALWAYS worry!

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 1:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• A Moms job will never end. We will always worry about our kids even if they grown adults. My fears are the same as yours and also having a knock on the door from the police to tell you that your child has passed away due to an accident of some kind. Is one of my biggest fears. A parent should never have to go through the lost of a child. it is the worst pain ever and never truly ever heals even over time. One of my greatest fears happened 11 years ago, my second child drowned in the neighbors pool. They pulled her out, rushed her to the er in life flight. i got to the hospital and the minester told me she had passed. I refused the answer hand had to see her. held her hand hit the floor and said I would gladly take her place God take my soul and give it to her. When I said that she had a heart beat and she is now 13 years old today. I am very greatful to still have her in my life. We will always have a fear for our kids.
    A522R

Answer by A522R at 2:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My son is very young but I do worry about a lot....usually normal things like possible injuries.
    I agree...

"Will choose a dangerous career?" is also one of my fears. This is because there are many veterans in my family.
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 2:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• we have 5 kids, very young, and I dont wrooy about a whoe lot, I have confidence in my gudance and parenting for ther most part!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• As a mother right now I worry about my unborn child like most mothers do.I know God has everything under control=)
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 7:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My biggest fear, and it's always there, looming, is that one of them will die, whether from disease, injury or at the hand of another person. It's very scary, but I try not to think about it.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 7:39 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It was the longest week of my life till she woke up. Thank you Kathy675.
    A522R

Answer by A522R at 2:46 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have lost two of my children and I do not directly fear death. I fear the things that I know can lead to death.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:47 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• A522R, GOD BLESS THAT CHILD!!
    TOOTOOBUSY, I'm so sorry!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I fear that by my action or inaction I will fail my DD. She is a happy, confident toddler and I hope she'll be a happy, confident woman.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• that something will hurt them, physically, emotional, etc... I always worry about their safety regardless of what the threat is. I don't think any mother ever stops worrying about that.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2011