Seizures

So @ the age of 3months my baby has been having seizures. :( The doctor says that she should grow out of them by the time she is @ least 1years old. She said that a lot of babys have this problem "wires in the brain get crossed & when it sends a signal it causes a seizure" . well im just wondering how many of you mothers have or had this happen to your child & how long (if @ all) was it untill they grew out of it?

ZeenaS.Muh

Asked by ZeenaS.Muh at 1:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Health

• i dont have this problem but recently i had an employee from our company give us a story from her son it is very sad but i think she ca help and i think if you read her story you wont trust the first opinion of a doctor you will ask for test here is her website www.beatingepilepsy.blogspot.com i have heard seizures only go away when they start off from a temperature. Sorry its not to get you worried but i think you should request for more test.
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 1:53 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have seizures but mine were from a head injury in the Army. I used to belong in a Epilepsy support group and children born with or have seizures at an early age end up seizure free. It's remarkable how their little bodies grow out of these awful seizures. I'm stuck with them the rest of my life. I HATE them!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• if you have a child having seizures and the physician doesn't send you to a pediatric neurologist, get a different Doctor. These need to be attended to with medication, and properly. Are you telling me he isn't medicating your child? If so, ASAP second opinion and neuro consult.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 2:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Thanks for the post Roxy the post, its heart breaking.
    YEs she has is taking medicine. She has a neurologisst I was just wondering of other mothers had thi problem.
    ZeenaS.Muh

Comment by ZeenaS.Muh (original poster) at 3:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have seizures also and they suck mine is from getting thrown from a horse when I was younger and mine are controlled with medicine I would just go with what your doctor says and just keep a close eye on her and Good Luck and God Bless
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My youngest has epilepsy, but he only began having visible seizures at nearly 5. The doctors are fairly confident that he will outgrow them. He also had a cousin who had nearly constant seizures from about 4 until she was 12 and one day told her mom that "the sickness in her head" was gone. So I see hope for my child.

You should always be able to call your neuro with questions. There is more than one group on here as well. Good luck!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• no problem im not sure how far you read her story but they have been through a long journey and she had to fight for a lot of testing to be done but now here she is trying to raise $8000 for her sons surgery .......so just make sure to ask for them even if they tell you their not necessary u wont know that until the test are done
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2011