I'm infuriated!! Why can't he be understanding and/or supportive? adult content

Okay, so I have worked my butt off the past three years in college so I could transfer into a great school. I'll spare all the details of how I raised my daughter (alone), while maintaining a 3.8 GPA...ALL of this has been in the hopes of transferring to UC Berkeley, the top public university in the country for my major (Sociology)!!

Anyway, tomorrow I get the news online of my acceptance or denial. I've been a wreck and my SO has been pretty supportive- until tonight...of course I was somewhat anxious, but he kept giving me a hard time. Mind you, today was also my fourth 12hr day in a row (btwn school and work).

Then he said we'd have sex later tonight to take my mind off of everything, and I was thrilled- b/c we NEVER do it when I want to, and if I'm lucky- we have sex once a week on the weekend. Anyway, later on we finally go to bed and he says he's "not in the mood anymore" since I was somewhat moody.

I'm just hurt, annoyed, upset- and now I'm in the other room while he's probably peacefully sleeping. The ONE night I really need him to be around- he's not.

Am I overreacting??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh- and to add, we've had MANY talks about how much I hate when he promises sex and doesn't fall through- so that's mostly why I'm infuriated, because he knows how much that upsets me- it's one thing to just not do it, it's another thing to say you will and then not...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:53 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Sorry! I think you are venting not overreacting. Overreacting would be banging pots and pans, slamming doors so he could sleep peacefully..(lol)
    MokaMommy

Answer by MokaMommy at 1:58 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• How long have you two been dating? Has he ever been in school? If this were a mature guy, maybe he doesn't realize how stressed out you are? for someone who has never gotten education outside of high school might think its like the same thing when really its not you have to bust your ass off ten times harder.

about the sex thing, when you guys do do it, are you the one having to initiate it? try talking to him when you're not all flustered up, while laying in bed talking about stupid stuff bring it up, maybe say something like" you always rejecting me makes me feel like you are either bored with me or you are not attracted to me. " good luck and I give you mad kudos for keeping up the GPA with a full time job and kids
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 2:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My2boys0523:
    we've been together for a year now, and yes he's been in school. he already has his master's (he's 7yrs older than me)...and what i don't get is even HE has been stressed about me getting the news, and he fully knows it's tomorrow- yet was insensitive tonight...

and yea, we've had tons of talks about the sex thing..it's tough- he's a teacher and works crazy long hours, and just doesn't have the same sex drive as most men. it sucks, but i love him so take what i get with that one lol...

thx for the kudos and thx MokaMommy :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2011