First time moms!

So anyone scared about raising a child for the first time?
Sometimes I get worried that i'm going to do things wrong, but ive heard some moms say it come naturally.

Gina2506

Asked by Gina2506 at 2:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Everyone gets scared about raising a baby not just for the first time but everytime! if you aren't nervous especially your first time then somethings wrong with you haha... It took me a month to get down the whole mommy thing and schedules and fun stuff like that. having one baby is scary enough but 2 your first time, I nearly shit bricks!
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 2:12 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yup, I was scared half to death when I first had my oldest. I had never taken care of anything that tiny before, plus I was drugged up on Percocet.

But, the first time I was left completely alone with her, I was more confident in taking care of her.

I would say for *most* it just comes naturally.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:14 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Oh no doubt.. I am a stay at home wife.. so I know that it will help, cause i'll always be there...it's when my husband wont be there I'll be freaking. lol I can't wait cause i'm excited to see this little bean!! :D but yea i know everyone went through it, so its cleared to be names "normal" lol.
    Gina2506

Comment by Gina2506 (original poster) at 2:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I actually found myself more on edge when my husband was around. I dont know if it was because he didnt help me at first and I expected him to or what, but yeah definitely nice to have "bonding" time with baby without daddy around all the time.
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 3:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I am very nervous about being a good mother when he gets here. I feel as if I had a better support system(as my family bickers about my childs father) I wouldn't be as nervous.So not only do I have to worry about my child I have to now be worried if my childs father will get tired of my family and leave me and my child...=(
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 8:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think the key is to remember that you will make mistakes and that is okay. No one is perfect and it is scary although if you take a deep breath and relax it is a little easier. I will say that while staying home is great make sure you have some me time because always being around the baby all time could stress you out. I know for me I took 1 hour every week to go to the grocery store. It helped me clear my mind and as my kids got older I started going out a little more.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2011