Has your DH ever called you ugly?

My husband called me ugly twice when we first got together. It hurt my feelings made me cry but he said he just just playing. Its been years now but it still bothers me and makes me feel very self conscious. I've asked him about it and he says he didn't even say it and if he did he didn't mean. Why would he say this if he didn't mean it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I hate to say this, I don't want to be negative at all but I really believe that to every "joke" there is a grain of truth. Take that with a grain of salt, he may have thought one little thing about you was unattractive and maybe his way of flirting back then was to insult you(it's a common form of flattery for pre-adolescent males) so it may not be as harsh as it seems. However, most men don't stay with a woman they aren't attracted to. If you aren't fabulously wealthy, a pornstar in bed or the best 1950's housewife on earth, why would he stay with you if he DOESN'T find you attractive? take a look in the mirror and judge yourself through your own eyes, not his. If you see things that are beautiful, i'm sure he isn't blind. Also, remember that the way you hold yourself affects the way others see you, so if you're self conscious, you're probably projecting that to him and that may be unattractive. Love yourself :)
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 3:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It's in been years why are you still thinking about it? If he really thought you were ugly he wouldn't be with you. Let it go, he was just probably messing with you, some men think they are being funny when they are not and some have no sensitivity chip.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• shake hand

@ShainaMay.........that has to be the nicest thing I have read on here in a long while when someone responds to a post.  Anon, like ShaniaMay, believe in yourself. Nobody else's opinion should really matter except yours.

simple smile

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• YES, BUT I TOLD HIM HE IS JUST REALLY FEELING THAT WAY HIMSELF
    duwana

Answer by duwana at 7:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2011